Friday, December 13, 2013

Seattle Trip 12/1-12/7/13 & Family Pictures



Tyler and I have wanted to take a trip to Seattle since the beginning of our marriage. I have been there once with my friend, Pareesa, before I was married. So it had been a long time. Ty has always wanted to go. The opportunity finally arrived when Tyler's childhood friend, Paul, who is in the Navy living on base there, had us come for a week visit. We also worked it out for the timing to be JUST right so we can hit up Pearl Jam's last concert of their tour in their home state!



We of course did all of the touristy things while we were there. Pike's Market was our first stop. Oh wait....no it wasn't. The ER was....Kai ended up with strep throat the first day we got there, but we got him some meds and he was good to go! Kai took this picture of Tyler and I! He did a great job!


I LOVED Pike's Market Place! They had this rad booth set up where you could buy recycled leather bracelets. They are big and thick...I loved them! So many designs and choices! I bought one of course! 


We stopped across the street from the Space Needle at a McDonalds to get a shake for Kai's throat. While we were there Kai saw a lady drop a penny and he got out of his seat, picked it up and returned it to her. She was so impressed by that, when she left she handed him 2 dollars and said, "You can have this for your piggy bank!" He was of course so excited and I thought it was a great lesson for him to learn that you can get blessed for being honest.


The only thing really that you can say about the Space Needle is that it's a really neat experience and a gorgeous view of the city! Kai didn't want to go up....he was scared. Levi wanted to go up really badly! So I was the lucky one to get to take him! 


Top of the Space Needle! Levi thought it was so neat. 


The last stop for the day was Pearl Jam's 10 Club HQ's! I have always wanted to see it and know where I buy all of my stuff from! It was easy to find...just right off the freeway! I have to share a cute and funny story. While we were in the car Kai said, "Mom, I am hungry." I replied, "Ok, we will have to stop somewhere to get something to eat." He said, "Can't we just have dinner at Eddie Vedder's house?" HAHAHAHA, Ya right honey, let me just give him a call! Kids are so cute! 


The next day we went to a town called Port Townsend. It's at the tippy top of WA. You can see Canada from across the water. It was FREEZING that day! Tyler wanted to go see a lighthouse and we heard this was a good one to go see. 


It was gorgeous and really neat to see. We really enjoyed it except for the cold. We Californians can't handle it very well!


Right behind the lighthouse there is a WW2 bunker. That was way cool to see. Levi LOVED it there and didn't want to leave! He forgot all about the cold!



I love how Kai poses like a model for almost all his pictures...he's such a funny kid!


On Thursday we visited a Submarine Museum. The kids had fun pretending to run all the controls. When we left we spotted some snowflakes falling from the sky!!! Brrrrrrrr!


That same day we went to the Science Center. The kids got to touch some of the sea life....like star fish and anemone.


Friday we all took our first ferry ride from Bremerton to Seattle. That night Tyler and I went to the PJ show. You can see a picture of the concert going on. Eddie had handed us the mic and we sang our hearts out to the song, "State of Love and Trust." It was epic! It was another freezing cold day and we were outside A LOT! We also went to the EMP Museum. It's all about awesome rock n roll legends!


Here is Mike McCready, lead guitarist, taking pictures of us! Can you spot me and Ty??? Another AMAZING show! They played for over 4 hours! I am so grateful for all the friendships we've made with the other fans! They are all so great!!!

Family Pictures

This year for our family pictures we decided to have my mom take them. She's not a photographer, but with our nice camera and a little photoshop (hee, hee) we thought we could pull it off....and we did!




No comments: