Thursday, November 10, 2011

Levi

My thoughts so far today have been on this little man. Poor Levi has had a hard time lately. During preschool there were some kids that weren't very nice to him since he has struggled with his speech. They would call him a "baby" and he knew it hurt. Over time it was a lot better and he LOVED preschool. I was really nervous for him going to Kindergarten for the same reasons. He would have new teachers, school and friends. The change was hard on him for a while because I think he was worried about who would be nice to him. It ended up being that EVERYBODY loved Levi and he never had to worry about anything in the end. Now he is in first grade. Same school, different teacher and different neighborhood. We LOVE his first grade teacher, Mrs. Phillips. She is doing a wonderful job! This year has been a little harder with friends. He seems to have friends, but once in a while he will say things that I think are odd. For an example, "Levi isn't cool." I of course ask him what is he talking about. Also soccer has not been the funnest for him which is disappointing to me and Tyler. There are kids on his team that are VERY aggressive and Levi just isn't. He is there to have fun and love the game. The boys on his team haven't been the nicest to him. He knows it and comes home crying. I can't wait for soccer season to be over! Then there are kids in our neighborhood that haven't been very nice to him either. They don't include him in things as they are all playing. They will straight up tell him he can't play. He comes in the house often crying saying that they are all just so mean. Levi is a typical 6, almost 7, year old. He loves all boy  things! He just doesn't have his speech fully in order. So that makes him already different enough to other kids. Next week I have a teacher/parent conference with Mrs. Phillips. I am going to talk to her more about this and try to get a feel on how the kids are treating him at school.

5 comments:

Brenda Clayton said...

Lisa, send me an email at mbjmclayton@yahoo.com so we can discuss this (I don't have your email address). I've been having similar issues with Jared in Second Grade with school, soccer and the neighbors. :(

Loren said...

This breaks my heart. I want Levi to play with my Grant. I think they would have fun together!

Lucky Heather said...

Oh Lisa I am so sorry. Levi is such a sweetie; just a wonderful kid.

Unknown said...

oh no. poor levi. kids can be so mean sometimes. as a parent the hardest thing to do is watch your child be sad and unhappy. presley has a lot of speech issues as well. even though she's only (almost 4) she still gets made fun of and is catching on now when it happens. breaks my heart. hope things get better for you guys!

Laura said...

Hey Lisa! I found your blog and totally went through it all! Your furniture is all sooooo cool! I either need a really good tutorial from you, or need you to fix my furniture for me! Probably the latter... ;)
As for your cute little guy, I know he's a little older than Carter, but he's got speech issues too, and I feel like I'm in the same boat a lot of the time. We should get them together sometime!