Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dining Table

Before picture of my dining table
I started out by sanding the whole table down....just enough to roughen it up so that the paint will adhere to the table.  
I chose to paint it Summer Grey
{it looks white, but has a hint of grey tone underneath}
 Once the paint was dry I then distressed the table to give it the antique look I wanted.
I mixed 3:1 parts of finishing glaze & Minwax walnut stain in a cup. With a paint brush I brushed on the mixture all over the table and legs. I immediately wiped the mixture off with a dry cloth just like you would if you were staining a piece of furniture. This gave my table a worn antique look that I was wanting. 
After
Legs
After

5 comments:

Liz said...

Great job Lisa! I'm so impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

that looks really good lisa. you are one busy women

Tiffani said...

Looks great, very shabby chic!

Andy Porter said...

It's SOOOO gorgeous!!! I Love it!

Loren said...

I love all your projects!! I'm still trying to figure out how you get so much done with two little boys! I have to wait til mine are in bed to accomplish anything...and by then i'm so tired !