Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shelby {my new niece}

22 years ago my older sister gave her daughter up for adoption. I always looked up to my sister at what a brave and selfless act she did. I couldn't imagine being in her same situation, and if I were, could I possibly be as strong as she was? Several weeks ago this summer Sherri {my sister} received a phone call that the daughter that she placed for adoption was looking for her! Long story short...they met up and it was a wonderful experience! Sherri LOVES Shelby's {daughter} parents! My sister said, "I couldn't have picked a better family for Shelby." Sherri, her family and Shelby last week came here to California for a week visit! It was a lot of fun! I was soooooo excited to meet Shelby...I was jumping out of my skin! 

All of the girls got together and sewed some purses together out of my bro-in-law's old army uniforms! I won't lie...I hate sewing cause I'm not good at it, but I wanted to still do it because I thought it was a neat idea. 

Shelby in person looks just like she does in pictures that I saw AND she looks just like my sister, Sherri! I can't get over how much they look alike! I love it!

One of the days we all went back home to the bay area. We spent a day inside Great America! It was fun! I am getting old for all the rides. My body just can't take it the same as when I was a kid. That night after Great America, the girls went and had "foot" massages at a place called, Lucky Feet. It's really a FULL body massage. We had them all done together. It is amazing! My friend Jeni and I found that place several months ago and every time I go back to the bay area I get one done! Oh and I didn't mention...it's only $20 bucks for a full hour!

Jared, Lindsey and Camille. 

Shelby and Sherri. This was right before we all went on the Sponge Bob 3D ride.

Andrea and Sherri.

Me and Shelby

Tyler, Hayden and Mark.

Shelby and Sherri paid extra money to be strapped in harnesses and fly from a few 100 feet in the air! I recorded the whole thing! I love this picture because it shows Shelby's fun personality!

Ready to go up!

Tyler and Mark also decided to try it! After watching them go it looked really fun and I wanted to go, but nobody else wanted to go with me...boo.

Loved watching Sherri hug her daughter after the ride was over. I am sure Sherri probably thought she would never be able to do something like that with her daughter someday.

Mark and Tyler's turn!

After Great America we went to tour the Jelly Belly Factory! 

We celebrated Hayden's Birthday! I can't believe he is 13! 

And these little girls are so stinking cute! Jessie would pull that face when you would ask to see her cute dimple! Love the twins!

Sorry ladies, but I had to post this picture! It cracks me up! Shelby looks like she is looking at Sherri thinking, "this is my Mom?"
Shelby gave a very thoughtful gift to Hayden. She is very good to him.



Yes, we're dorks!

Shelby's first picture with all her new cousins!


 
Amy pointed out that we had paparazzi taking our picture with all the camera's on us! You can see their reflections in the window behind us! This explains why every picture taken our eyes are looking at different cameras! This was the best we got!

Overall I think we had a great week! Shelby is so fun and we all are excited to have her a part of our family. She was our missing puzzle and we are now complete. Love ya Shelby and I can't wait to see you again!

1 comment:

Brenda Clayton said...

Lisa, this is SO cool! I love how welcoming your family was to her and it is so obvious from the pictures how comfortable she felt.

She looks JUST like a Shaw! :) She's beautiful and I'm so happy that the missing link has been filled. :)

Brenda