Last week we were at Disneyland. When we got home I wasn't feeling well. On Wed. morning I went in to see my Doctor. He wasn't available and I saw a lady that I had never seen before. She talked to me about my symptoms. She then did the standard checking my throat, feeling the outside of my neck and listened to my heart. She then told me the left side of neck was swollen and she thinks it's my thyroid! I instantly got VERY nervous, as some of you may know I had a biopsy on my neck last year. I had a swollen lymphoid and the size was larger than they like to see. It was bi-nine, but as you can imagine that was very traumatic for me. I had to wait 2 weeks to know the results. So this Doctor showed me my neck in the mirror where she thought I was swollen. I honestly couldn't see it, but am suppose to trust her that she knows what she is talking about. She ordered me to go have an ultrasound the next day.
This is EXACTLY what I had to do last year! I was sure of it they were going to tell me I need to have a biopsy since the Doctor was so convinced it was swollen. When you go in to have any kind of ultrasound the Tech doesn't talk. They aren't suppose to tell you what they see. You have to wait a few days for the Doctor to call you. I thought to myself that this really stinks since I would probably have to wait through the weekend before I hear anything. I walked into my appt and I was so blessed to have a compassionate ultrasound Tech! She was chatty and I told her I was very nervous. She said, "You are here for me to look at the right side of you neck, right?" Ummmm NO, my left! The Doctor didn't even write it right on the paper work! She rolled her eyes and said, "that's ridiculous!" She proceeded to tell me not to worry and between her and I she was not going to make me wait for the Doctor to call me. She will tell me what she finds! I instantly started to tear up that I might find relief before the weekend. She looked at my thyroid and said, "Your thyroid is beautiful!." Where she checked for my Thyroid WASN'T where the Doctor said I was swollen. I showed the Tech where she was talking about on my neck. The Tech took a look and said, "Ummmm ya, that's your neck muscle!!!!!!!!" REALLY??? These 2 days I have been worried sick and my "swollen neck" is my neck muscle?! I cried and she hugged me and said she was sorry I had to even worry at all. She said to go live a full happy life! She was BY FAR the best utrasound Tech I have EVER had!
I am so thankful that I am ok. During this all I was trying so hard to have faith in my Heavenly Father that he knew what was best for me and that I would be ok.
2 comments:
Oh, what a blessing to have an understanding and NICE tech! I'm so glad everything is alright and I'm sorry you had to feel so worried about something that didn't exist!
Oh my goodness! Take some Ibuprofen and be thankful for a sore neck muscle from having too much fun on the rides at Disneyland!! :)
Post a Comment