Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Projects

Ok so as many of you know who follow my blog know that I have been REALLY busy in decorating my house. This is all that I have done so far:
~painted living/dining room, family room, hallway, laundry room, den and Levi's room. {still have to get to the bathrooms, my room & Kai's room}
~replaced tile counter tops in kitchen for granite. {still have to do the backsplash}
~made curtains for the dining/living room
~painted the guest bed
~painted Levi's bedroom furniture
~painted kitchen cabinets
~paintING our kitchen table & chairs {i am almost done with them & love the way it's turning out}

I like to do all these projects around the house to really make it all me. I love redoing things that are second hand. Garage sales and craigslist are the best ways to find some of the best stuff! I just bought a dining table with 2 leafs and it sits 8 people! I am so excited to get to that project!

To do list:
~make curtains for family room
~finish my laundry room
~paint my room, Kai's room and the bathrooms
~add wainscoting in the bathroom and kitchen
~redo floors in house

Before I end this post I first need to tell you about my cousin's wife, Andy! She is AW~MAZING! She has a knack for making second hand gems gorgeous! I swear she is better than Martha Stewart! Check out her blog http://poppiesatplay.blogspot.com/ She has awesome ideas for things to do around the house. I thought I was ok at all this home crafty stuff until I see what she is up to. She makes it all seem so easy!

2 comments:

The Mortimer's said...

Your cousin's wife has great ideas! It makes me want to go to garage sales find some old stuff and redo it! I love the laundry room idea. I just might have to spice mine up:)

Good luck with all of your projects! I know they will turn out awesome!

Andy Porter said...

K-Seriously, you are like BIONIC woman when it comes to redoing your house. I can't believe how much you've accomplished in such a short time. I love everything you've done and I can't wait to see how the kitchen table and chairs look! {{fingers crossed that you'll post them}}.

Thanks for the sweet shout-out. You really brightened my day.