blessed!!! The last 3 or so weeks of my life have been rough and a trial for me. I did not speak much about this before because I was worried to talk about it. I had so many possible scenarios swirling through my mind...amazing the places your mind can take you. I shared my traumatic experience with only a few throughout the process. I am ready to talk about my trial and how I have been blessed...
FINDINGS:
Last May or beginning of June I went to my floral instructors new studio. She was having an open house. When Ty, me and the boys arrived and pulled into the parking lot I noticed a lump on the right side of my neck. I said something to Tyler about it, but didn't think too much of it. For those who have known me my whole life, you know that I get sore throats A LOT and have had swollen glands/lymph nodes that would last for weeks. As a child my Mom would take me to the Doctor to find out what these bumps were. They would always say swollen glands and that was it and out the door I'd go. So this is why when I found this lump, a gland is all I thought it was. Weeks went by and there still was this lump in my neck! I finally called the Doctor and made an appointment honestly thinking I would go in and they would say swollen gland. When I finally went in the Doctor was a little worried about it, which of course worried me! He said it could be a cyst or an infected lymph node. He ordered me to go have an ultrasound on it.
ULTRASOUND:
Now, anytime you go have ultrasounds and tests you don't get to find out right then and there. You have to wait 3 business days and most of the time any tests I had done I had to wait the weekend too! It was awful and torture. During this time to wait for the results to come back from my ultrasound I had all the same feelings come back that I had when I was pregnant with Kai and we were told he could be Down Syndrome. My ultrasound results said that there was a small swollen lymph node and the other was LIKELY to also be a swollen lymph node. The LIKELY to be a swollen lymph node was measuring larger than my Doctor liked and wanted me to now have a biopsy on it. I was nervous and so scared. During this whole process I was having new out looks on life. Big perspectives changed.
BIOPSY:
Last Wednesday I went to have my biopsy done. Tyler was of course with me. I thought they were going to numb the area and take one sample. They look by ultrasound where to place the needle. They ended up taking 4 samples!!! I didn't feel the first 2 but the 3rd one I did...it hurt. When I went home I was so not prepared for the pain I was in. I didn't think the procedure was going to make it so I couldn't go about my normal day. I was in bed for almost 2 days. I couldn't eat or chew anything. I was bruised and swollen. Life was NO fun. It's been a week ago today since I was poked and my swelling is gone, but still am sore and bruised.
FINAL RESULTS:
Monday I got a call from my Doctors office to tell me the results of the biopsy. I was so nervous and shaking like a leaf. I am so happy and feel blessed to say that my lump is benign lymph node tissue. I got off the phone, fell to my knees and sobbed in prayer. I could have not gotten through this trial in my life without my friends, family, husband, children and of course my loving Heavenly Father. Remember to celebrate life everday. It's too short and precious.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry Lisa! That sounds so scary!! And how awful that they had to take 4 samples. That sounds so PAINFUL! I'm so glad that it is benign. What a relief. I'm sorry that you had to deal with all of this and have to worry about the house and everything else. We love you and are so happy that your post ended with good news!
I second Andy. You are a trooper to get through this!
Crossing your fingers for your house to bless you some more!
Post a Comment