Thursday, August 19, 2010
Kindergarten!
Levi had his first day of Kindergarten! I was a little worried how he was going to react. I was hoping good since he has been to preschool. This morning I was brushing my teeth and he ran in to me and said, "MOM...I am SOOOOO excited for Kindergarten!!! I was happy to hear it. We got him ready and he got his new Transformers backpack! He starts school at 8am and it goes until noon. We are so happy that he got in the special day class that he REALLY needs. For preschool he was in a class called the SDC class. That class is for children who have problems not only with speech, but academically too. Levi doesn't have problems with his academics at all! He is right where he should be for being a Kindergartener, but the district he was in for prechool only offers SDC classes through Kindergarten age. It still was a GREAT program and he LOVED it and learned a ton! Now that we are in a different district they offer the EXACT class Levi needs! It's called the LI {language intensive} program. This day class is just for speech and language needs. All of the kids are in the same boat as Levi and all are good academically. So we are REALLY excited and HAPPY about that! I think he is going to have a great time and do well. There are 5 students and him. So a total of 6 students in the class. At 10am every morning 4 more students from preschool join them. Small class which is awesome! His teacher's name is Mrs. Medina. She seems really nice and very caring towards the kids. I like her A LOT! Right now since we haven't moved yet I have to drive Levi 15 mins to school! By the time I drive him there and back that's an hour of my day! He was crying when I picked him up today because he wanted to get on the bus. He is used to riding the bus from preschool. The school he is going to is not our home school since they don't offer the LI program there. He is out a little ways so we are having him ride the bus again once we move. Today was a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment