Monday, January 12, 2009

Floral Class at ARC


So...I have written in one of my past posts that I have always wanted to work with flowers and that I was signed up to take a class. I was really excited to do it. This last Tuesday was my first time going. I have to say, I was disappointed and don't think I will be returning. It was just a class that was through my community, so I knew going into this that it could be just a 50/50 chance of actually being good. I have now found a more official class through the Horticulture program at American River College. The class I'm taking is Intro to Floral Design and it's a full semester. You take 4 classes and a I believe a state test and you then become certified! This all can take a year or so. I'm really excited and start Jan. 23rd. I found out too that I don't have to pay for material because we sell our finished product to the public and that's where we get our funds. AWESOME!!! Oh...thanks Mom for taking the kids for me on Friday's during this time. You're the best!!!

2 comments:

Andy Porter said...

How fun. You'll be great. Good luck with your class.
~Andrea

Betsy said...

I bet you'll love it! There's nothing better than an unlimited supply of flowers at your disposal.