Monday, January 5, 2009

Busy Season



My husband has officially started busy season with Deloitte. We were going over his schedule last night while I was copying everything on my calendar. They work him a lot already and I have known that busy season is going to be awful but I know now I am going to have to actually live it. Let me just explain a little bit of my life for the next 3 months. Today he leaves for Oakland for the week. He will return just in time for Church this Sunday. He then will be working on KCRA 3 in Sacramento downtown the next week. So he's home, but to just go to bed, since he has to work a minimum of 11 hour days. The 3rd week he goes to Redding and once again will be back just in time for church. Everybody that sees him on Sunday's will have no idea (unless they read this post) how busy he really is. He then leaves on Sunday after church again back to Oakland for a week. Once again, the next week, he will make it to church on time and then he leaves to Walnut Creek for the next 3 weeks and might have to go to Idaho during that time. After that he will be working the last week in Feb. in Folsom and in March be working in Folsom and Roseville. Again 11 hour days. In case you didn't get that, there are 5 weeks strait of him being gone. So that's the next 3 months of my life that I'm NOT looking forward to. I now call myself a D&T (Deloitte & Touche) widow, I think I'm going to go crazy!!! Any help that anybody wants to give I will take it!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa. I'm sorry, I remember the days of Mike being gone for several weeks at a time - it was the worst!

My hubby is home these days so I can come visit you with Jared if you want! I can even leave the baby at home and actually RELAX a little bit and help with your baby to take the load off of you!

Name a date and I'll be there - we can coordinate with Jeni if you want! :)

Jeni said...

I am leaving for a week but won't be too busy the week after my girls move in. Let's try for something the week of the 26th?

Just let me know what works best and will HELP you the most!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Any day the week of the 26th works except for Tuesday. Email me if/when you choose a day :)

Dianna said...

Oh the busy season! You'll get through it, even though it can be HARD. I just remind myself (sometimes it takes a LOT of reminders!) that it's temporary. Eventually when spring comes you'll get your husband back! Good luck and take advantage of the time to hang out with your girlfriends. :-)