Friday, November 21, 2008
SAFEWAY PARKING LOT SCAM!!!
So earlier today I had to run into Safeway with the kids to get a few things. When we came out to our car I had to pass a bunch of low life teenagers, they were all very self absorbed. As we passed them to get to our car, all that I could hear was every bad word come out of their mouths, as if they didn't have any other vocabulary. The first thing I wanted to do was turn around and tell them to ZIP IT!!! I had Levi with me who will pick up on what they were saying. I wanted to tell them that they are in a free country and so they can speak however they want but to ask them to be more respectful when children are around and not be so dirty. As I'm loading the kids in the car, one of the teenage boys approaches me and says, "excuse me..." before he could go any further, I cut him off. You see as he approached me he was holding a clipboard, one that I had seen 2 weeks before. So I already knew what he was going to ask. 2 Weeks ago when I was approached with the same clipboard, with the same papers, a teenage boy asked me if I would sign and donate money to keep teenagers off the streets. At the time I didn't have any cash on me to do so. As I had walked away I thought about it more. The paper that was there to sign did not look ligit. It was a paper you can just make from a spreadsheet program on your computer. So in the end I was glad I didn't donate money. Back to today...when I cut the boy off I told him no and that I had donated already. Yeah I told a lie, which I shouldn't have, but I wanted them to leave me alone. When I told him I donated money 2 weeks ago he said, "Well we haven't ever been out here doing this before!" I told him, "Oh yes you have, 2 weeks ago." He walked away and I climbed in my car and drove away. So I think the teenagers with the clipboards walking around the Safeway parking lot are scamming people. DON'T donate money!!! I don't have a problem helping people. I do have a problem when I feel like I'm being scammed. People like that ruin it for everybody else who might really need help and I tell them no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment