Monday, November 10, 2008

Out With The Old In With The New!!!

The Old!!!


The New!!!

(this isn't exactly my car. I got this pic from the internet)

Tyler and I bought a Volkswagen Jetta right before Levi was born. We have always loved the look of VW's and still do but I will NEVER in my lifetime buy a VW again. I have owned 2 now and they both were problems!!! My family and close friends say they won't ever buy one either seeing all the stuff we have had to go through. From day one, driving my Golf and my Jetta off the dealership's lot there were issues. You think I would have learned from the first time. I was stupid and thought that is was just the Golf that was bad and so we bought the Jetta. Tyler drives the Jetta and for the last 3 weeks we have had to take it to the dealership 3 times. VW charges almost 2oo bucks just for the diagnostic check!! Plus we have had to pay for towing several times and then pay for whatever the problem was. Friday I had to go rescue Tyler all the way out in Woodland where it had overheated. That was the final straw. We towed it all the way into Sacramento. I can write a book of all the bad things that have gone on with the Jetta. Lets just say we have spent over 1000 bucks in 3 weeks on that stupid car. I do understand that it's starting to get a good amount of miles on it but we have had problems with it from the time we bought it. NEVER BUY A VOLKSWAGEN!!! We are SO done and don't ever want to look at one again. We are now in the process of selling it. It is in working condition. We have parked it and we are not driving it so nothing else can go wrong with it while it's in our possession. Which means in the end, Tyler once again (remember he totaled his last car in 05 and took my car and I was stranded for a year) would take my Mazda from me so he can go to work and stuff. I told him I cannot live without a car again having 2 KIDS!! I would go CRAZY!!! So yesterday we bought a Chevy Equinox LT!!! YAY, I finally have a BIGGER car for me and the kids!!! For those who don't know about those cars...it's a small SUV and it's suppose to get pretty good gas mileage. I checked out the consumer report and Edmunds.com to research the car. It got really good crash ratings, durability, etc. So this is our first American car. We'll see how it all goes. I'm proud of myself and how I handled the sales dept. I was able to talk them down over 1000 dollars off the car and an extended warranty. It was already priced well before that. I bargained them down even further over the phone. The car at Kelly Blue book was over 18k Lets just say I got a steal!!! It's the highest end of that model too!! It has AWD which is good for the snow and who knows the way prop8 is going we might have to move to Utah someday!!!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Congrats on the new car! Now you can come visit me and just run over all the dumb meter maids here. :)

janis said...

Yay!!! Congrats on the car. Houses are over rated anyway!