Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Kai was asleep when this picture was taken. I didn't want to wake him.

Our 4th of July weekend was eventful and a lot of fun. We all gathered together at my brothers house in Elk Grove and did our own fireworks show in the street. Levi however hated it. For those who know Levi pretty well you know he doesn't like loud noises. He instantly ran in the house. Paul, a friend Tyler grew up with was staying with us for the weekend. He was kind enough to stay inside with Levi and watch the classic cartoon Vultron. Paul brought the season from home and showed it to Levi and he was hooked all weekend. It was nice because Tyler had work off from Thursday through the weekend and my sister Sherri and her family have been here for a visit from Utah. The day after the 4th all the fam got together and hung out up in Auburn at my folks house. It's always CRAZY because there are so many kids. All the guys got to go shooting for a few hours and I know they enjoyed that. Monday night was a lot of fun too. It was girls night!! The girls all got together at my house and we watched the finale of the Bachelorette. We were SHOCKED with who she chose in the end. He's a good guy though. It was a fun weekend and I wish we could have more like that!!

3 comments:

janis said...

I was so happy she picked Jesse. I think she would make a witchy step mom. We need to get together I haven't seen Kai since the hospital. I find out what I am having on saturday.

Valerie said...

Lisa, I saw your comment on Abby's blog and just wanted you to know that we haven't been invited to anything when Grandma/pa Porter come. We don't mind especially since they are coming to see your mom and her family and we are also moving that weekend. But if, we are invited and someone forgot to ask us, just let us know and we will try to work something out.

paulandbrianna said...

thanks for letting Paul come to visit. I know he loved his stayed and made the time I was gone bareable. Hope all is going well.