Monday, June 16, 2008

The Wonderful World of a Washer and Dryer!!


A few weeks ago I was here at home with the boys and the phone rang. It was my old neighbor Maria who used to live right next door to us. They moved like 6 months ago into a house not too far from us. We were sad to see them go. They were great neighbors. Anyways, Maria was calling to tell me that they got a new washer/dryer and wanted to give us theirs!! In our apt. you have to have a stackable washer/dryer, which they had since they used to live here, so it worked out perfect! They were buying a side by side washer/dryer and didn't need theirs anymore. They are only 3-4 years old. So as of last friday night we are part of the "owning our own washer and dryer world" and let me tell you we are LOVIN' it!! I woke up Saturday morning and found my awesome husband washing everything in sight! It was great and it's the best feeling to know if the baby poops on his clothes or bed or blankets I can say to myself "not a big deal anymore...I'll just do some laundry." I want to give a HUGE thanks to my Mom and my Sis-in-law Andrea for all the loads of laundry you allowed us to do whenever we needed our clothes washed. We can't ever repay you for that. It was always way better to go to your houses to do laundry rather than carrying it from the apt. to the clubhouse back and forth again and again.



4 comments:

Jeni said...

That is awesome! And priceless. Congrats on the new addition, we are totally jealous!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh, I know your excitement. We lived in a condo and bought the stackables too - and LOVE them!!! Now we have laundry hookups in our garage and we were able to separate the two and now we have side by side washer/dryer! =) It was such a great investment! Congrats on getting yours for free!!!!!

paulandbrianna said...

That is awesome. I think I would die if I had to go without a washer and dyer again, especially with the baby coming. Thanks for letting Paul come and be with you guys over the 4th of July. He is so excited.

Allison said...

That is so huge, especially when you have kids. Congratulations!