Friday, April 11, 2008

Eddie Vedder Weekend!!




As a lot of you know my best friend Pareesa and I are HUGE Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder fans. Have been forever. We had planned a girl weekend together months ago to see Ed in our first solo concert in Santa Cruz and Berkeley. This last weekend was my trip down to the bay area to stay with Pareesa and to go to our shows. This was my last weekend to do something fun before I'm strapped down at home with the new baby. I had gone to my Doctor right before my trip to make sure I was really okay to go. My Doctor said she thinks I'm in pre-lablor but thought it was fine still for me to go. As crazy as I am, you all know that I still went. I thought if I go into labor I at least know all the hospitals around in the bay area since I grew up there. I arrived in Saratoga at my old Salon, Rapunzel, to say hi to everybody that I hadn't seen in forever. I met Pareesa there since that's where she is working now. It was a lot of fun to see all the old stylist's that I used to work with (shout out to Orang thanks for lunch, hahaha) Pareesa and I got ready to go over the hill to Santa Cruz to go to the show. We were so excited we could hardly wait. We arrived and had no idea what kind of seats we were going to have. We got our tix and went inside and of course had to buy our shirts. We went to find our seats and they were AWSOME!! Front center. We got to look at Ed for 2 and 1/2 hours like that! It was great. It was very interesting to see him perform without the rest of his band. He did a great job and played a lot of acoustic songs. Pareesa and I were in heaven. We looked so silly I'm sure with grins from ear to ear and to add to it my huge prego belly. Lets just say we didn't care. After the show we went back to her place in San Jose, talking girl talk and about the show. We had decided for me to cut my trip short and go home early so I can be close to home just in case I went into labor. I was sad to think I wasn't going to make it to the Berkeley show with her that Monday night but knew I should be thankful that I made it through one. She still went and took a friend (sorry P. about the drama that went on that night) so she was able to tell me all about it. The next day we went to a hair show together and when we were done I came back home. That night I had my suitcase on the floor and got up to walk to the kitchen and stubbed my right pinky toe on the wheel and cried forever. We think it's broken. This last week I stayed with my Mom to take care of me and my broken toe since Tyler is SO busy with school. Thanks Mommy you're the best!!


2 comments:

Jeni said...

I didn't realize that you were able to go to a concert at all. I heard the one in Berkeley was AWESOME so I was so sad you missed it. I'm glad you were able to go in Santa Cruz! It sounds like it was a fun weekend. Still bummed I missed you guys though. Where's that baby?!

janis said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow what are we doing for it?