While we have been getting ready to prepare for his Baptism I told Levi to think about who he would like to give a talk. I gave him all of his options of who he could ask in our family. He chose his Uncle Mike. Levi said, "I choose Uncle Mike because he reads the scriptures to me, says prayers and tucks me in at night when I sleep over at his house. So, I know he chooses the right." Ummm, how could I not have tears come to my eyes?! I love that Levi related his Uncle Mikes good choices to why he felt he should choose him to speak at his baptism! Levi also said, "I'm Uncle Mike's little buddy too." My brother, Mike, has always been really sweet to Levi and they have a special relationship. It's so enduring and I love that Levi can feel so loved not just by his parents.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Levi, Preparing For His Baptism
This Saturday Levi will be getting baptized. I am so excited for him. He is thrilled about it. I'm also very proud of the preparation he has done. I find him often reading scriptures or studying them. He says things to me that I have not taught him...stories he has taught himself. He is such an amazing kid and I couldn't have asked for a sweeter boy. The other night we went to the, "8 Is Great" meeting. At one point all the boys got to visit with their scout leaders. One of them jokingly told the kids they will have to drink wolfs blood. All of the children believed him. As time went by, Levi, was still contemplating this in his little mind. He raised his hand and asked, "Do we have to bless the wolfs blood?" All of the adults were cracking up at how stinking cute he is! I know as his Mother why he asked that question. In Sacrament meeting I have taught him that we drink water to remember Christ and that the water symbolizes his blood. So cute!
While we have been getting ready to prepare for his Baptism I told Levi to think about who he would like to give a talk. I gave him all of his options of who he could ask in our family. He chose his Uncle Mike. Levi said, "I choose Uncle Mike because he reads the scriptures to me, says prayers and tucks me in at night when I sleep over at his house. So, I know he chooses the right." Ummm, how could I not have tears come to my eyes?! I love that Levi related his Uncle Mikes good choices to why he felt he should choose him to speak at his baptism! Levi also said, "I'm Uncle Mike's little buddy too." My brother, Mike, has always been really sweet to Levi and they have a special relationship. It's so enduring and I love that Levi can feel so loved not just by his parents.
While we have been getting ready to prepare for his Baptism I told Levi to think about who he would like to give a talk. I gave him all of his options of who he could ask in our family. He chose his Uncle Mike. Levi said, "I choose Uncle Mike because he reads the scriptures to me, says prayers and tucks me in at night when I sleep over at his house. So, I know he chooses the right." Ummm, how could I not have tears come to my eyes?! I love that Levi related his Uncle Mikes good choices to why he felt he should choose him to speak at his baptism! Levi also said, "I'm Uncle Mike's little buddy too." My brother, Mike, has always been really sweet to Levi and they have a special relationship. It's so enduring and I love that Levi can feel so loved not just by his parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
so sweet. It really is amazing to see your child get baptized. Kaylee's was an awesome day!
Post a Comment