Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kai's Cat in the Hat Family Party!

Kai turned 4!!! I can't believe my baby is 4?! Where has the time gone?? He is at such a fun and cute age and I don't want him to get a day older! He says the cutest things and LOVES his big brother! He loves to snuggle and have his back rubbed...he always says, "itch it." The best part of my day is when he snuggles with me, rubs my face gently and says, "I love you Mom. You are pretty." He can't wait to go to preschool this next year and feel like a big boy! He is always jealous that Levi gets to go to school. He's now a sunbeam this year and does better in class then in the primary room. He has been potty trained for a while and doesn't have any accidents at night! This is terrible and kind of embarrassing to say, but yes, Kai is still in his crib! Our plan was to transition him to a big boy bed {which we already have in his room} and since I ended up not well I decided to hold off. He also loves his crib and doesn't want to give it up! Pretty soon we're going to make that transition...I hope it goes well. Kai had a Cat in the Hat party with his family! He talked about it for weeks! He would say to everybody, "I'm going to have a Cat in the Hat party!"
A lot of my decorating I did myself. I printed up a lot of Cat in the Hat decorations! 
I made Thing 1 & Thing 2 cupcakes! 
I used blue cotton candy for the top so it would look like their hair!
A lot my decorations was just a lot of paper crafting. It was fun to do while I was in bed.
I even paper crafted the water bottles! So cute!
Put out some Dr. Seuss books as a centerpiece!
I made a picture banner of Kai from the time he was born to now. It really was cute  to see how much he has changed!
I also made this Birthday banner out of paper. I was very pleased with the way it turned out!
And there is my cute baby. I can't stop kissing this boy!
Grandma/pa Shaw bought him a toy gun! He LOVES it!

He is very into Scooby Doo right now. We bought him all of the characters and DVDS!  He was in heaven!
It was a wonderful day with all of our loving and supportive family. I am SO blessed that I have been chosen to be the Mother to this sweet boy! I love that I have an eternal family! We LOVE you Kai! 

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

What a fun party! Happy Birthday Kai!