Wow...it's really been a long time since I have blogged about life. My life...where do I begin? My life took a turn of events starting mid-December. I won't give all the details, but I do feel the need to blog about this so my children and whoever may read this can be inspired in some way.
One day I woke up mid-December feeling discomfort in my lower abdomen. I didn't think too much of it. I carried on with my day and by mid-morning I felt worse. I knew something was wrong. Day 2 I woke up with menstrual cramps and back pain. Day 3 my abdomen was bloated with side flank pain that was horrible pain I have never felt before. I felt a lot like I was going to go into labor or should soon. The problem...I'm not pregnant.Oh boy, do I wish I was because then I knew there would be an end to this! My world quickly became crashing down on me. I called the special Doctor {you know the kind that take care of women issues} and my office couldn't see me until after January! There was NO WAY I could wait that long! I was in miserable pain! I didn't know where to go or what to do! I finally decided to call a friend hoping she could find me a Doctor. Long story short, she did and I was so thankful!
Dr. Goddard...oh what do I say about Dr. Goddard? He is HILARIOUS, puts my mind at ease, comforts me and takes care of me. The BEST Doctor and I will NOT be going back to my old special Doctor. I also figured out that my family is friends with his wife's family. They were all in the same ward at church when I was not even born yet!
I can go on and on about what has happened to me, so I am going to try to make this as short as possible. Dr. Goddard has been treating me now for weeks. I ended up in the hospital in Grass Valley where he can take care of me over Christmas...that's right, Christmas! How awful for a parent of 2 sweet boys! They were so kind and opened presents in my hospital room so I could be with them on such a special day. I was released from the hospital a few days later.
I of course had all kinds of tests run on me. I was healthy, but in pain. Weeks went by and Dr. Goddard decided to do Laparoscopy. That is a procedure they do to see what they can find inside. So they went through my belly button and lower abdomen. They found that I was inflamed inside on my women parts. This can happen for many reasons...one of them could be just because. Oh, and I didn't mention...all this time I am in bed. I can't stand. It hurts my sides REALLY bad. The longer I stand the worse I feel. They figured out my nerves were really upset and bothered with all the women issues I was having. They now have me on a nerve blocker that seems to be helping. I still hurt when I stand, but I at least can get up for a bit. Last Sunday was the first time I got to go to church in 3 months. So sad, but thankful I was able to go.
Dr. Goddard now at this point wants to exhaust all options before doing anything serious. I am almost at the end of the line. He now is preparing me mentally and emotionally for maybe having certain procedures done that will cause me to not be able to have anymore children. I don't know what to say other than sad. Tyler and I were praying about having another sweet spirit join our family right before all of this happened.
The experiences that I learned from all of my trials these last 3 months is service. Service is so important I can't express that enough. I always knew it was, but I see it in a completely different light. I have also learned that we all have trials in our lives for a reason and that we can turn them into important lessons. People out in the world have bigger problems than I do. I naturally want to complain about everything I am going through, especially my pain. I just always need to remind myself it can always be worse. I've also learned how much I love being a Mother and wife. I am with them everyday, but I still miss them. I miss that I can't always help them go to the bathroom, dress them, brush their teeth, tuck them into bed, drive Levi to school, make dinner, grocery shop, read books, snuggle with Tyler, etc etc. There is nothing in life that we should ever take for granted. I have learned that if I do things right and turn to my Heavenly Father he will bless me and make this alright. I may always have discomfort, but I will find a way with his help how to endure it.
*Goals I Have Planned For My Future*
~Serve the community in some way
~Start up my re-purposed furniture business and grow BIG with it more than I ever thought I would
~Serve my children more
~Donate one piece of furniture a month to an organization that will sell it and have all proceeds go to battered children and women
~Read my scriptures more often
~Take a train trip with my family through the Sierra Mountains
~Take a trip to Seattle with my family
~Help pay off my MAJOR medical bills to relieve stress from my husband
Thanks to all those who have helped and continue helping me through this time. I love you and couldn't do this without you. We are closer all now because of it. You are all in my prayers, daily.
1 comment:
Thank you for posting this. I had seen some news coming through fb, but it's nice to know what everything was about. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that! You seem to have such a good attitude about everything and have set some really awesome goals! We love you and hope that you will continue to improve for you. Hang in there!!!
Post a Comment