On Tuesday when Tyler came home from a long day of work he had asked me if I had heard about the Lincoln fire, which is our town! I hadn't since I don't watch much T.V. in the day. There was a propane train car on fire further in town from where we live. Shortly after Tyler got home I got a phone call saying Levi's first day of school was cancelled. I knew things weren't good and realized how serious this was. This is VERY dangerous and could end in an explosion and take out a lot of the town. Thankfully they didn't say it would reach us, but we have a lot friends that could have potentially been in trouble with it all. The fire Dept. ordered an evacuation of 4,800 homes in the area. They had experts that deal with this kind of thing fly in from Texas to figure out a plan. They worked for hours and hours to try to not have this end catastrophic. They were going to do what is called a "Hot Tap" where they drain the propane. You can read it all here http://www.kcra.com/news/28952829/detail.html Finally this morning they resolved the problem with no injury! The school district ended up cancelling the rest of the week of school. So Levi doesn't start his first day until Monday. Everybody has been on pins and needles the last few days. You will see at the bottom of the article that this same thing happened many years ago in AZ. and didn't end good. Many deaths and injured....so sad. I am so thankful for people who are willing to do such a job and take care of communities when in danger. During all this I couldn't imagine being a wife to one of those men drilling into this propane tank that could potentially explode. Thanks for everybody that was involved in saving many lives! Thursday, August 25, 2011
Lincoln Propane Tank On Fire
On Tuesday when Tyler came home from a long day of work he had asked me if I had heard about the Lincoln fire, which is our town! I hadn't since I don't watch much T.V. in the day. There was a propane train car on fire further in town from where we live. Shortly after Tyler got home I got a phone call saying Levi's first day of school was cancelled. I knew things weren't good and realized how serious this was. This is VERY dangerous and could end in an explosion and take out a lot of the town. Thankfully they didn't say it would reach us, but we have a lot friends that could have potentially been in trouble with it all. The fire Dept. ordered an evacuation of 4,800 homes in the area. They had experts that deal with this kind of thing fly in from Texas to figure out a plan. They worked for hours and hours to try to not have this end catastrophic. They were going to do what is called a "Hot Tap" where they drain the propane. You can read it all here http://www.kcra.com/news/28952829/detail.html Finally this morning they resolved the problem with no injury! The school district ended up cancelling the rest of the week of school. So Levi doesn't start his first day until Monday. Everybody has been on pins and needles the last few days. You will see at the bottom of the article that this same thing happened many years ago in AZ. and didn't end good. Many deaths and injured....so sad. I am so thankful for people who are willing to do such a job and take care of communities when in danger. During all this I couldn't imagine being a wife to one of those men drilling into this propane tank that could potentially explode. Thanks for everybody that was involved in saving many lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment