Monday, August 15, 2011

Last Vacation Before the New School Year....

We decided to take a trip back to the bay area for the weekend! It was nice to be home!!! Fun to see all the places I would go to while growing up! The fresh smell of the cool breeze....mmmmm, home sweet home! We stayed with my life long friend, Jeni, and her hubby, Jared, while we were there. We had a blast! I have to share a story that I will NEVER forget! Kinda long, but OH SO FUNNY....so keep reading! Friday Jeni asked me if I wanted to go do something....just us girls since the guys were going to be going to see the pro soccer team, The Earthquakes, play. I of course agreed to that idea! So we got in the car not knowing really what we were going to do. We started to take a stroll in the car around very familiar neighborhoods as we talked about what we should do. Jeni pulled into this Vietnamese Market that was also familiar from my childhood. I never shopped there, but knew it was there. They had all sorts of stores you could go into. Jeni heard about this place from a friend. It was a foot massage/Reflexology shop. Jeni wanted a pedicure, but she thought this might be fun. She had me run inside and see how much it was. I came out not too sure about it. I was nervous that nobody spoke English and this wasn't going to be worth our time. So we drove on and on and on and on and COULD NOT find a place to do our pedi's!!! So I said, "ok lets go try that first place we stopped at. Maybe it's not bad...we'll see." We got there and said we wanted the foot massage. They didn't say anything and took us back behind the "magic curtain." Behind this curtain there were massage tables with customers getting worked on. The room was dim with soothing music going. Jeni and I were the only white people there that I saw. We looked at each other thinking to ourselves, "what did we just get ourselves into?" We started smiling and trying to hold our giggling down since NOBODY was talking! It was HARD to NOT laugh! They sat us on stools that were in front of massage tables. This man, who was an employee, who was going to work on my "foot message" put my feet in a bucket of warm water. It felt nice. I saw Jeni was having the same thing done to her. All of a sudden he threw my hair up with a clip! Jeni was always a fraction of a second ahead of me with what was going on with us, so I always had a warning. He pulled down my shirt on either side and and started to message and work out kinks in my neck and shoulder area. It was AWESOME, but Jeni and I had to try to hold it from bursting out in laughter since we had NO idea this was a "foot massage." The unknown of what was going to happen next was what made us so giggly! After they did that they had us lay on the tables. They massaged our WHOLE bodies, cracked areas and worked on pressure points! It was like NOTHING I have EVER experienced! They did eventually get to our feet! We were worked on for an hour and LOVED every minute of it! When we got done I told Jeni, "don't ever listen to me again" since I was the one that was skeptical of our "foot massage" in the first place! We got up and went to go pay....BEST PART....$20 bucks each!!! $20 BUCKS for an hour!!! We left laughing SOOOOO hard we had tears! We felt like teenagers again!!! That was the BEST "foot massage" I have EVER had! This is now going to be some thing I do every time I go back home!!!

Levi at the Beach in Santa Cruz....LOVED the water!!! That's my BOY!!!
Me with the kiddos. Jeni's little girl, Lucy, came with us. Jeni and Jared stayed back since they had things they had to do.
A family came and sat near us on the beach. Kai went over instantly to help them dig their BIG hole!
He LOVED the beach just as much if not more than Levi!
I had Levi and Lucy take a picture together! I told her to put her arm around Levi. She said, "No cause this means love!" She is darling!
Levi and his Daddy!
Just love this picture!
Tyler got to have a daughter for the day...soooo cute!
My fav picture of these three!
We ate right off the beach when we were all done! 
We also played arcade games! Lucy picked out this ski game.....Tyler helped her out!
While we were visiting we played at the park!
Me and Jeni!
Kai on the slide with Jeni's little boy, Will!

We had a BLAST!!! I can't wait to go back home again!!! We had so much fun on the beach, watching movies, park, garage sale-ing, soccer game, yummy food, GREAT friends and of course the "foot massage!" Thanks Nunns for taking us in for the weekend!!! 

No comments: