Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Front Yard Before & After!

This is a before picture of our house before we moved in. The lady that was renting the house loved to plant and made the front yard a jungle! We pulled it all out once we moved in. A lot of it was dead.
These are my shutters before I repainted them. You can see all the drips from the rusty nails! 
It's amazing what a little paint can do! They look WAY better!!!
On Sat. Tyler started to plant some shrubs along our walk way where we had to pull a lot of dead stuff prior. The boys of course wanted to help!
I LOVE this picture.....so sweet!
We didn't get everything planted on Sat. so the last few days I have been planting some flowers.
I feel like it looks way cleaner and not so cluttered with bushes and plants. I am a simple girl wanting a simple life which means I don't want to have a lot of maintenance. 
I purchased this cute wrought iron decor at a garage sale! When I brought it home I originally had plans to do something with it in the backyard, but Tyler suggested to put it here. I LOVED that idea WAY more!!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

What a beautiful house you have! Wow!

Erica said...

Everything looks great. I'm just puzzled about one thing. You went garage saling without me??!!!

Tyler and Lisa said...

Erica, I purchased that months ago in my neighborhood on our way home from somewhere...so technically I wasn't really garage sale-ing with out you!

Stacey said...

So nice!