Yesterday I had a meeting with Levi's teacher, Mrs. Medina, School Principle, Mrs. Phillips {Levi's 1st grade teacher}; and one of the mainstream 1st grade teachers. We talked about Levi's previous goals we had made and where he was at with them all now. He has succeeded in passing almost all of them! He still has a problem with his WH questions....the main one is the "why" question. Over all the meeting went VERY well and I was pleased. Mrs. Medina had outpouring love for Levi. She had nothing but great things to say about him. They all just love him so much. It's because his personality is so sweet. He shows love to those ladies and they instantly fall in love with him. Mrs. Medina said Levi is top of her class. She some times has to find more work for him to do since he finishes faster than the rest of the students. Mrs Phillips {Levi's LI 1st grade teacher} said she is excited to have Levi as part of her class for next year and that she thinks he sounds like such a sweetheart!
Here are a few things that Levi has said lately:
I was recently told that the girls like Levi at school. Tessa, who is in his class in particular. Tessa is always wanting to hold hands with Levi. Levi told me, "Tessa wants to kiss me lots and she wants to marry me." I told him, "you can hold hands, but can't kiss."
Yesterday while I was in my meeting about Levi, Mrs. Medina wanted to tell a story that recently had happened in class. Levi and his classmates were sitting in chairs for circle time. Tessa was returning to class after being pulled out for speech. Levi saw Tessa return and stood up from his seat and said, "Tessa" as he is gesturing to have her take his seat! This cracked us all up. What a ladies man!
Just the other day I asked Levi, "who is in your Primary class?" He said, "I don't know." I said, "Isn't Ava in your class?" He said, "yeah, she likes me. I think she's pretty." I said, "oh really?!" Levi continued to say, "ya 100's of girls like me! They like my face!" Now just so you know as Levi tells me all these thing about these girls, he tells me in a way that he's a little shy about it. It's SO cute!
Another one of the stories Mrs. Medina shared with me yesterday was that Levi has high expectations of himself. Which I knew this about him. She said because of that he gets upset when he doesn't get something right. Levi tells Mrs. Medina, "I don't know...this is hurting my heart." How can you not love this boy?!
The other day we got a newsletter sent home explaining what is going to be going on with the Kindergarten class their last few weeks in school. One of the things listed was a Talent Show. I told Levi all about it. He immediately ran and put his Michael Jackson DVD in and said, "I need to practice!" I laughed so hard!!! He wanted to dance for everybody!!! I just found out though that the Kindergarters are not participating, they get to just watch. He is going to be bummed about that!
I am so looking forward to Levi's new school year. I think it's going to be fantastic and he is going to LOVE Mrs. Phillips!
1 comment:
Levi is such a cutie. We've had "boy issues" all year with kaylee. She and this one boy have been boyfriend/girlfriend since september. we've told kaylee you can't have a boyfriend yet and she's quick to say he's just a friend that's a boy. We've been dealing a lot with kaylee's school lately and trying to get her in the right class for next year and we're probably moving schools so she can keep the same teacher she had for kindergarten for 1st grade. having a kid with needs is hard. keep up the good work.
Post a Comment