Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kitchen Table

I got this kitchen table for FREE from my dear friend Sarah! I was so excited that it was a round table! I wanted a round!
The best part about this table is that it has a hidden leaf. So when I am ready I just pull and POOF...a BIGGER table appears! 
I found 4 Pier One chairs on craigslist for $50 bucks! That's right...$50 bucks total!
Here is the base of my finished table. I took a close picture to show all the distressing I did.
My finished chair! What a difference!
I decided to two-tone the table and chairs. I wanted an antique white, but wasn't sure I should paint it that color on the table top and seats since I have boys that will be sitting & eating there daily!
I chose a chocolate brown once I decided to two-tone the table and chairs.
I had a really hard time deciding on what finish I wanted to use. I didn't want my table to be super shinny. I tried a satin  polyurethane on the table top and seats and it just wasn't working. I needed something easier to wipe down. So I ended up using a poly semi-gloss. For the base of the table, legs and back of the chairs I used Minwax wax. It is more matte. I love how it all turned out and am excited to use it!

4 comments:

Brenda Clayton said...

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

That table looks AMAZING, Lisa!!!!

Tyler and Lisa said...

Thanks Brenda!

Andy Porter said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the two tone!!

Angie said...

That looks awesome Lisa!! Cannot believe you found such great deals...$50 bucks?? Wow!

Just have to add that I miss you all so much!! Doesn't look like we'll be coming back anytime soon, and I am so sad about that, but happy to move on...I'm glad we can stay in touch!