Thursday, January 24, 2008

Being Pregnant normal...Really??

As a lot of you know I'm a little over 6 months pregnant. It amazes me how much your body has to go through to carry a little one. You hear things all the time from your Doctor like, "oh yeah that's totally normal that you feel like your body is going to give out on you at the age of 27." I do feel like I shouldn't have to feel like this being so young and wonder am I stuck in an 80 year old body? Just to name a few of the things I'm feeling right now...


1. Can't breath from my gut stabbing into me. (I think I need an oxygen tank next to my bed)


2. Can't enjoy a meal without feeling acid reflux.


3. Can't sit down for no more than 5 mins because of my Siadica Nerve problem that I've had since I was pregenant with Levi.


4. Feeling like my stomach is going to split open right down the middle because it's being stretched so much.


5. Feeling like a whale laying down next to my husband in bed. (It's sad when you start wanting your husbands body)


Being pregnant normal...REALLY??


The best part about it is to try to tell your husband how you are feeling in a way that he can understand so you can get a tiny back rub or a foot massage. I do hate hearing the words, "I understand honey," when us women all know that is not the case. I feel like putting a basketball around his belly and have him wear that for a week and watch him do simple things like bend over and pick up Levi's toys or sleep or cut his toe nails. Don't get me wrong, I love little babies...my body doesn't. This time around being pregnant I told myself that I want this baby to stay in my belly as long as possible, knowing that once he is here there will be sleepless nights. I remember now from all the aches and pains from being pregnant with Levi, that is why we girls want our babies out!! I guess what I'm saying is that I'm torn. Do I want him in and have my body pain, or do I want him out and have sleepless nights? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. Someday girls we will be showered with something wonderful, whether it's from our husbands or from God having to be to deal with being pregnant for 9 months!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sleepless nights or not, having baby out WAY better than in. I hate being pregnant and so does my body. It really will be over before you know it and you'll be chasing two kids around. Good luck and do what I did, just kick everything into a pile and make someone else pick up the mess :)