My boys and I planned a surprise trip to Utah during their Spring Break from school. I say "surprise" because my sister, Sherri, had no idea we were coming! We rode the train all the way there! The kids were soooooo excited to do this! A Conductor came to talk to the boys while on the train and Kai said, "WHAT? A girl Conductor?!" It was the cutest thing! We all had a good laugh!
It was gorgeous to ride the train through the Sierra Mountains! When Kai saw the snow he said in a loud voice, "It's Christmas!" Once we got there and had surprised my sister it was so all worth the money and time to see HOW surprised she was! We cried in each others arms...it was a great moment.
I think it was the first morning we were there that I woke up to my sister shoveling snow in her drive way! She is a California girl through and through...she HATES the cold!
One evening we got together with my nephews in-laws and dyed Easter eggs Ukraine style! It was very interesting.
Sherri and I met up with her friend Sarah Ann at Mcds
One afternoon I found Levi making his first snowman....it was the cutest thing to watch him from the window. Sherri and I had a good laugh.
Tyler's Mom met up with us for dinner the last night we were there. She bought my boys Easter baskets. She also had us and Sherri's boys over for dinner.
Jared, my nephew and Sherri.
Levi tried his first Sushi roll!
My nephew and his wife!
My nephew, Hayden and kai.
The last day we were there we dyed Easter eggs the traditional way!
My boys LOVED Sherri's dog! They couldn't stop touching him! I think one of my favorite parts of the whole trip was just getting to lay in bed with my sister and watch Fresh Prince of Bel Air {remember that show?} every night. It was just nice to hang out with each other...even if that meant doing nothing.


















1 comment:
What an awesome trip! We've taken the trip from Sac to Provo a few times on Amtrak and it's always been such a fun adventure and beautiful ride!Just a little hard to sleep though, lol. How fun to hang out with your sister and surprise her!
Post a Comment