I had a hard time in deciding to write this blog post. Mostly to not upset or hurt any of my family. I then realized that I am going to use this as a learning tool for my children who I know are still young, but who will make choices of their own as they get older. They hopefully can look back on this post and learn from other people's choices that they make. In our lives we can make choices with the outcome of being fantastic, but we also may make choices where the outcome can be something we have to live with for the rest of our lives.
Saturday night Tyler's step brother was driving drunk with the mother of his 2 children and unfortunately the children in the car. They ended up in a serious car accident and Braxton who is only 4 had his precious little life taken from him. This sweet boy who is innocent and being only 4 has no say in the matter of what goes on in his life. In his situation it was not fair to him. When I think about it I almost look at the situation as if Braxton was here to receive his body on earth and to help others learn from their choices in life. Braxton now, I believe, will return to be with his Heavenly Father. His innocence was his ticket. The Plan of Salvation is what makes me be able to hold my tears a bit more when I think of the situation that has gone on. The people that will be more hurt and saddened over all of this are the ones who have to think about the choices they have made in resulting in this horrible tragedy....NOT Braxton. I know he is fine and in a better place. We, his loved ones, are the ones who have to suffer more then him. Especially his loving Grandparents who cared for him and would have died for him. I'm so sorry for the pain they have to go through. We will keep you in our prayers.
To read more on this story go here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12678547
I find it interesting that the night of the accident Pres. Monson was giving this talk.
http://broadcast2.lds.org/general-conference/2010-october/2010-10-3060-president-thomas-s-monson-64k-eng.mp3
1 comment:
My heart goes out to your family. How painful!
Post a Comment