We are now back and done with our vacation from Utah. We are SUPER happy to try to get back to normal life and not have to live out of our suitcases! For the first part of the trip we were with Tyler's side of the family and for the other half with my side. Utah can be fun, but can be very hard at times. First off I will NEVER go on a vacation with a 2 year old ever again! Kai was a terrible sleeper. He cried and cried and kept jumping out of his portacrib which is something he had never done before. We never took vacations with Levi at age 2 knowing it would be like this. We were HOPING Kai would be different and surprise us, but no of course. That child did NOT sleep in the car the WHOLE trip from California to Utah! What is it with my kids?! Also when we're visiting Utah we have so many family and friends to see between Tyler and I that it's crazy! We always walk away feeling like we upset or offended somebody for not seeing them. I have a HUGE list of people {Gene & Debbie, Knapton clan, friends from high school, etc.} I would have loved to seen that I didn't get to. We feel like we need a vacation from our vacation with NO kids!
Now that I have vented a little here are some of the fun things we did while we were there. We got to go to the Discovery Museum with Grandma Le and Grandpa Doug, got to go to lunch with my big sister, visited with Tyler's Grandma Jensen, walked around and taught Levi about Temple Square, rode the train, visited with Tyler's Aunt Amanda and his cousins, went to Tyler's old ward with his long time friend Paul {who made a special trip from Seattle to see us} and his wife Brianna, went to Kennecot and the park with Paul, Brianna and their 2 kids, Grandma Le and Grandpa Doug took Levi and Tyler to the Real Salt Lake soccer game...that Levi LOVED and couldn't stop talking about, went to our nephews baptism that Tyler spoke at, went to a 4th of July parade with my sisters family, went to Stadium Of Fire in Provo with my family and saw Carrie Underwood and an AMAZING fireworks show, saw the movie Eclipse with my Mom, sister, Aunt Angela and my 2 cousins, had a HUGE family get together at my Grandparents house, got to hand out the Porter Family Cookbooks that I worked so hard on and got to see everybody enjoy them, had dinner at Paul's parents house, saw Robby and Dabell, visitied with my cousin, Emily, at her home, had wonderful talks with my Aunt Angela and last but not least got to know my cousin Paul's wife Jen. Busy week...I know. Whew, I need a nap just from writing that all down. I do wish I could have spent more time with my sister, Sherri.
Us with Tyler's Grandma Jensen
Discovery Museum
Levi with Grandpa Doug at the Museum
Levi rock climbing
Kai riding the train into Salt Lake
Daddy & Kai on the train!
Family picture in front of the Salt Lake Temple
Kennecot
Paul & Ty at the park on the slides with their kids
Levi with his cousins Carson & Hayden at the parade
Daddy & Kai at the parade
Levi on the slip n' slide at G&G Porter's house
Kai in the pool at G&G Porter's
No comments:
Post a Comment