Thursday, June 3, 2010

Levi's Goals

Levi's and his teacher, Ms. Julie, at the zoo.


Today Tyler and I had an update meeting with Levi's Teacher, therapist, Principle and his new Kindergarten teacher and therapist. We talked about Levi's goals that we had made up several months ago and the progress he has made and the others he still needs work on. He has met a lot of the goals, but they still want him to work harder on those to really have them mastered. The few he hasn't met are the ones he struggles with the most, his WH questions. He also has a hard time with somebody asking him a question and understanding what the answer is that the person wants to hear. Example:  Me: "Levi, who takes care of animals?"  Levi: "farm." When I am looking for the answer "farmER" knowing it's a person. Once you tell him that he then understands the pattern of things of what I am trying to do. So after that he will get the rest of the answers right. It's always the first inital question you ask with him. He knows who all these people are (police, farmer, doctor, firefighter, contruction worker, mail man) that I may ask about and what they do. It's how to express it in the right way that Levi struggles with.

With that said...Levi is doing REALLY well. He has jumped leaps and bounds compared to even just last year! At the meeting they told us Levi is smart and that he is GREAT with all his academics! He is reading! Everyday he surprises me with something new that he does. He is so special and tender. Yesterday I picked him up from school. This isn't something I usually do. He rides the bus home. When I walked into his classroom he ran up to me to hug me and started to tear up. I said, "Levi, what's wrong." He said, "I just love you." My heart melted. I of course asked him if he had a hard day at school and he said no. Ms. Julie said he had a great day too. So I guess he loves me...I'll take that! Levi, I love you soooooo much too.

No comments: