Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Levi's Speech Update

I just wanted to write a little about Levi today. I feel a lot of love for him and know he is so special. He has been doing really well in school. A few months ago his teacher sent home with him his goals sheet and what progress he has made. He completed a lot of the goals we made in the beginning of the year. He has a few that he is doing better on, but still needs some work. He's suppose to have all those goals met by his Birthday (november) of this year. So it's great he met some of them early! The few he needs to work on are still his WH questions. He surprises me every day with new words and sentences. Some times he says the funniest stuff. Levi right now is very into wanting to be strong and tall. To him that's important. So we were in Target one day and there was this woman that was VERY over weight and in a wheel chair. Levi said loud and clear when he saw her, "MOM...look (pointing to the lady) she's strong!" Things like that I have to try so hard not to laugh and be so proud of him that he could put that sentence together! He also is starting to use cute little expressions like, "Wow Mom that's awesome!" and "See you late alligator." He also says, which is one of my favorites, "Mom, I love your heart." Oh so sweeeeet! It's nice to see that even though Levi has had speech problems he still acts and behaves like a typical 5 year old. He tells jokes that make no sense and he laughs at himself after, thinking it's sooooo funny! Or he thinks seeing underwear is so hilarious! The most sweet thing about Levi that I have to say is his sweet, tender, loving little soul. He loves to love people. Anytime somebody that he knows comes over he has to hug them or any of his friends at school or Primary. I LOVE that about him. He has this sweet innocence. I know he is not perfect and I'm not saying that by any means, but I don't think he is the bully type. I just have so much love for him and I think he can do many great things when he is older and be such a good example to others. As Levi would put it, "Levi I LOVE your heart" Love, Mom.

3 comments:

Miss Pete said...

I love that little guy! He is so sweet and so darling! Josh keeps saying I want Levi to come to my house. We'll need to do that!

Andrea Shaw said...

That made me smile. Thanks! I love his heart too. He's so sweet.

Andy Porter said...

Aaaww! What a sweetheart! I'm glad he's doing so well!