I went to my first floral class yesterday at ARC. I LOVED it!!! I'm so excited!!! I think it's going to be everything that I've wanted. My instructor was a really nice lady. I think she is probably in her early thirty's is all. She was a Horticulture major at Cal Poly and got into the whole flower thing. She is just starting her own business. She's married and has a little girl. I loved her! First day she showed us around the lab and where all the supplies are. She took us out to their warehouse where there is a golf cart. She showed us how to use it. We will be driving a golf cart out around the fields and stuff!!! She then showed us a HUGE walk-in fridge where all our flowers will be stored in buckets. Our first thing we did in lab was a carnation flower experiment. We took 2 carnations and cut the ends of the stem. We then dipped the stem for a few seconds into Quick Dip. A chemical that hydrates and helps the life of your flowers. That same flower we put in a vase with flower food. The other carnation we had, we did nothing to. It's in its own vase in plain water with no Quick Dip. I have both flowers at home with me. My homework is to watch the flowers during the week and see how they process. Of course the one with the chemicals is going to last longer and look better. I have to take pictures of the process and write about it all. How EXCITING!!!
1 comment:
What a cool thing to do as a class! I'm glad you are enjoying it. See you soon.
Post a Comment